Monday, December 27, 2010

The beginning

I look at my life today and know that I have changed from the person I was 3 or 4 years ago (for the better I hope!).  While I've always considered myself someone who knows good food and likes to cook it, I am coming to the realization that I'm nowhere near where I want to be.  That goes for the life we live as well as the food we eat.  I think I already do several things that are "green," but I am learning that I can always do more.  This year, I would like to simplify my life by ridding ourselves of clutter, changing to environmentally friendly products where I can and further modify my family's diet to whole foods.

This seems like an overwhelming task, but I look at the person I was those 3 years ago and I have come a long way.  The goal is to continue to change/try one new thing each week and make permanent lifestyle changes for the benefit of my family, 52 weeks = 52 life improving changes.

Oh, and I neglected to mention this whole process has to be budget conscious.  In the past, my grocery (read "everything") budget has been $500/month.  In 2011, I want to lower that amount to $400/month.  Our family income significantly decreased in 2010 and, while we had some tough times, we made it through.  I think that if I continue to make wise choice regarding our food money, we can eat a high quality diet and be "green" at the same time.  I invite you to embark on this journey with me-all 52 baby steps.

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...