Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Week 47: Soaking Grains

As a person who reads many food blogs, I find many things that are similar-less or no processed foods, more fruits and veggies (organic if possible), high quality meat-not conventional, etc.  Another thing I read about frequently is soaking grains.  The basic idea is that soaking the grain breaks down the proteins in it aiding in digestion.

So, this week, I'm going to take a stab at that.  I've got some steel cut oats that are looking for purpose.  Also I think I'll try it with a loaf of bread and see how that turns out.

I've been toying with this for a while, but my main hold up has been that soaking takes thinking ahead--which, admittedly, I haven't been very good at lately.  I'm trying to get back on track, so this might be one way to prod myself to do that "thinking ahead" stuff. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...