Monday, July 25, 2011

Menu Plan Monday for week of July 25-31

Here it is!  Another week, another menu.  Dairy free eating is sort of getting me down.  I'm finding that I spend a larger portion of my budget on a few dairy free items, leaving me less for other things that I use for snacks.  This is frustrating my family because there isn't extra food lying around to be consumed when you just ate 2 hours ago.  Plus, since we've been eating all the leftovers up quickly, I'm really scraping by to come up with meals on the weekends.  Let's just say that we've had some interesting combinations.

Here's this week's menu.

Monday
Breakfast:  Oatmeal Muffins (made out of yesterday's leftover oatmeal), Grapes
Lunch:  Turkey, Mashed Potatoes with Gravy, Corn, Carrot Muffin
Snack:  Peanut Butter Crackers
Dinner:  Turkey Salad Sandwiches, Tomatoes

Tuesday
Breakfast:  Banana Bread/Peanut Butter Bread (leftovers from freezer), Blueberries
Lunch:  Scrambled Eggs with Sausage, Apples, Banana, Biscuit w/ Jelly
Snack:  Pudding (made with vanilla ricemilk)
Dinner:  Chili Dogs

Wednesday
Breakfast:  Pancakes, Watermelon
Lunch:  Pork Steaks, Carrots, Pineapple, Bread and Butter
Snack:  Chocolate Chip Cookies
Dinner:  Leftover pork steaks, Green Beans, Salad

Thursday
Breakfast:  Waffles, Watermelon (left from Wed.)
Lunch:  Chicken Nuggets (trying a new concoction from my head that I'll share if it's good), Chicken Rice, Green Beans, Orange Halves
Snack:  Apple Muffins
Dinner:  French Toast, Bacon, Potatoes

Friday
Breakfast:  Granola Bar, Juice
Lunch:  Tuna Casserole (still working on a dairy free version of this), Peas, Broccoli, Smoothie
Snack:  Popcorn
Dinner:  Pizza for Hubby and I (kids will be at Grandparents' house)

Saturday
Breakfast:  Scrounge around for whatever (Garage Sale day)
Lunch:  Leftovers (Pizza I hope)
Dinner:  Pasta Salad with nf salami and misc. veggies from the fridge

Sunday
Breakfast:  Freezer Stash (Will this thing ever be down to a manageable level?)
Lunch:  Pasta Salad, Ham sandwiches
Dinner:  Maybe eat out to celebrate a successful garage sale!  If not, bean dip and chips

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...