Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Menu Plan Monday (or Wednesday in my case) July 18-24

Yeah, it appears I'm a little behind! :)  I actually did have my menu done, but I've been doing so many other things during naptime, that I haven't had a chance to get my menu typed up, but here it is.

Monday
Breakfast:  Mini Sausage Quiches, Strawberries
Lunch:  Bacon, Waffles, Watermelon, Oranges
Snack:  Homemade Chocolate Cake (the oldest daughter got a baking bug on Sunday!)
Dinner:  Sloppy Joe Hot Pockets, Marinated Cucumbers, Salad, Cherries

Tuesday
Breakfast:  Pina Colada Muffins, Pineapple
Lunch:  Chicken and Gravy, Mashed Potatoes, Corn, Roll
Snack:  Peanut Butter and Carrots
Dinner:  Chicken Nachos/Taco Salad (DF-no cheese and df sour cream on nachos)

Wednesday
Breakfast:  Carrot Muffins, Grapes
Lunch:  Spaghetti, French Bread, Green Beans, Banana
Snack:  Chewy Oatmeal Apple Cookies
Dinner:  BBQ Pork Sandwiches, Tomato Wedges, Leftover Fruit (grapes, bananas, apples)

Thursday
Breakfast:  Breakfast Cookies, Blueberries
Lunch:  Tuna Salad Sandwich, Kettle Chips, Apples, Carrot Sticks
Snack:  Zucchini Bread
Dinner:  Meatloaf, Salad, Peas

Friday
Breakfast:  Scrambled Eggs, Toast, Applesauce
Lunch: Cheeseburgers (DF-hamburger), Roasted Potatoes, Peas, Peaches
Snack:  Chips & Salsa
Dinner:  Turkey, Dressing, Broccoli

Saturday
Breakfast:  Freezer Stash
Lunch:  Leftovers
Dinner:  Leftovers

Sunday
Breakfast:  Freezer Stash
Lunch:  Sandwiches, Chips, Carrot Sticks, Apples (picnic lunch at a waterpark)
Dinner:  Out (eat on the way home)

Dairy free is going better this week.  This is good news after an especially traumatic week last week (she believes that we are all out to get her).  This week nearly all of our meals are dairy free to begin with, some just skip the cheese.  Others just call for switching out butter in place of another oil.  This is leading me to a quandry.  There are items in my house that I swore I wouldn't purchase, but have anyway due to making this diet a little more appealing to my daughter.  I bought white bread flour (hang head in shame).  We are trying to go less processed and preservative free.  Yes, I know that white flour is processed.  LOL  My problem is that for things like flour tortillas and pie crust, I haven't been able to make an acceptable from scratch whole wheat alternative.  Purchasing these things from the store, you inevitably get a load of ingredients that you can't pronounce.  Hence, the quandry.  Is it better to use ingredients that I contol along with processed flour or buy whole grain items off the shelf with loads of fillers, dough conditioners, and who knows what else? 

I have the same issue with shortening.  Hubby bought a can for the oldest daughter when she made her cake on Sunday.  I could've pointed out other healthier alternatives, but I wasn't around, so shortening was purchased.  I have to say that when I went to make pie crust for my mini quiches on Monday morning and couldn't use butter, that shortening came in handy.  Is it healthy?  No.  Is it an easy dairy free alternative?  Yes.

I'm sure as time goes on, I'll get better at planning and finding substitutes.  Although right now, if non-organic soy sour cream with partially hydrogenated everything keeps the peace in my house, I'll buy it and use it-sparingly.  Then I'll say a prayer that eventually my girl can have cultured dairy without a problem!

This menu is linked up at Finding Joy in my Kitchen for Menu Plan Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...