Monday, January 3, 2011

So far, so good

Day 1 is drawing to a close and so far, so good.  I do have a bit of a headache, but not terrible.  I did the monthly grocery shopping tonight and that probably contributed as much as the lack of soda.  While I was out, I priced several items that I would like to begin purchasing in the near future.

Organic Coconut Oil - $6.99 (I believe this was for 16 oz., but I already have some from a previous use, so I'll use that first)
Organic Cane Sugar - $1.99/pound
Organic Whole Wheat Flour - $1.79 pound

I am looking at placing an order from Azure Standard, but the drop site is a couple hundred miles from me.  My sister-in-law and brother-in-law live close, but I hate to bother them if I don't have to.  Plus, that will be a costly venture and I want to make sure that I can swing my new budget before embarking on that.  In the meantime, I am thinking of buying small amounts of different products to try them and figure out exactly what I want before purchasing a bulk quantity.

Menu Plan for the week of January 3-January 9, 2011
(H)=Homemade/from scratch

Monday
B: Mini Pancakes (H), Oranges
L: BBQ Pork Sandwich (H=whole wheat buns), Buttered Noodles, Carrot Sticks, Grapes
S: Sugar Cookies (DS turns 3!)-shame on me-Aldi's had the premade dough on sale for $.69
D: Pork Roast Gravy (H) w/ Mashed Potatoes


Tuesday
B: Egg & Cheese Quesadilla, Seasoned Potatoes (H-roasted in olive oil, salt, pepper, garlic and onion powder and paprika)
L: Roast, Carrots and Potatoes, Bread (H) & Butter, Apple Slices
S: Brownies (H-made using this Brownie Mix) (dc baby girl turns 1!)
D: BBQ Beef leftover from lunch, Carrot & Celery Sticks

Wednesday
B: PB & J Sandwich (H-made with above bread), Banana
L: Grilled Chicken, Cheesy Broccoli Rice (H), Green Beans (H), Blueberries
S: Pretzels
D: Ham & Beans (H), Cornbread (H), Peas

Thursday
B: Blueberry Muffin (H), Oranges
L: Spaghetti, Corn, Salad, PB Crackers
S: Graham Crackers (H)

D: Big Bean Bake (H), Cheesy Garlic Biscuits (Egg Sandwiches for those not interested in Bean Bake)

Friday
B: Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal, Raisins
L: Grilled Cheese, Strawberry Yogurt (H), Mixed Veggies, Mandarin Oranges
S: String Cheese
D: Leftovers

Saturday
B: Leftovers
L: Pepperoni Pasta Salad (H-don't know how I'm going to make this yet, but I'm sure I'll come up with something-hopefully it will be edible)
D: Tuna Casserole, Salad

Sunday
B: Leftovers
L: Ham Sandwiches, Carrot Sticks, Leftover Fruit
D: Spaghetti w/ Meat Sauce, French Bread (H), Salad

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...