Here's the recipe. I'm cutting and pasting the original recipe and I'll note my changes (which were minor).
- 2 3/4 cups hot water
- 1/3 cup olive oil, any oil is fine (I used canola-still trying to use it up. I'll try coconut oil next.)
- 1/3 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 1 tablespoon salt, Sea Salt is good
- 7 1/2 cups of 100% whole grain wheat flour (See direction 4. I used 6.5 cups.)
- 2 tablespoons dry active yeast
Prep Time: 30 mins
Total Time: 3 1/4 hrs
- 1 Place the first five ingredients in the bowl and mix.
- 2 Add: 2 Cups 100% Whole Grain Wheat Flour. (to cool the water and end up with warm dough) Mix then add 2 Tbs of Dry Active Yeast. If your not sure about your yeast proof it in a little warm water first.
- 3 Add: 4 Cups of 100% Whole Grain Wheat Flour.
- 4 Mix until the consistency is some what even. Then continue to slowly add flour 1/2 Cup at a time until the dough quits sticking to the sides of the bowl. It should be tacky to the touch. The trick is to have enough consistency to stand up with the least amount of flour so the bread will be fluffy. It will most likely be 6 1/2 cups but in any case do not exceed 7 1/2 cups of wheat flour. You can trade one cup of wheat flour for one cup of all purpose white if you wish. Don't over mix or the bread will be tough.
- 5 When your dough is finished, leave it in the mixer, cover the bowl and let it rise for about 30-45 minutes. The dough will be larger but it doesn't need to double.
- 6 Grease two bread pans with Crisco. You can also flour the pans to reduce sticking.
|All that remained of the first mini loaf!|