Monday, April 18, 2011

I've been a busy girl!

The kids were gone from Friday evening until Sunday morning, and I worked like a crazy woman on Saturday to get a few things done.  I completely reorganized all 3 bedrooms and got the office back to looking somewhat presentable (I have a decent garage sale pile in there that is cluttering the place up).  Unfortunately until Sunday evening I didn't have an opportunity to get much cooking/baking done, but I started at 7 pm last night and have been a busy little bee.

So far, I've made a batch of chocolate chip cookies, a batch of banana muffins, more granola for Hubby to take to work, a double batch of pancakes and waffles (had some for lunch, but froze 23), cut up 2+ pounds of strawberries to freeze for smoothies, made up another batch of hamburger helper seasoning mix, and cooked 2 pounds of ground beef with onions and garlic to be frozen for quick add-ins to meals for the week.

Why, you might ask, would I make all these things ahead?  Well, it seems that when it rains it pours and I've got the week to prove it.  Tonight, there is volleyball practice for girl #1 and a game for girl #2.  Tuesday is Brownies for girl #2 (and I'm the leader).  Wednesday is choir practice for girl #1, Thursday is volleyball game for girl #1 followed immediately by singing at Holy Thursday Mass and in the middle, girl #2 has v-ball practice, Friday is mega-garage sale day for me (as I'm off and I never get to go garage saling on Friday) and then packing for trip to Grandma's for birthday parties and Easter and girl #1 has to sing at Good Friday Mass where we'll be leaving town immediately following.  Oh, and my ladies' group at church is organizing the Easter Vigil Recpetion following Mass on Saturday, which I'm the chairperson of, so I'm getting all that stuff together and trying to talk people into working it (at 10 pm the night before Easter) as I'm out of town.

Now, I'm hoping to get as much cooked ahead as I can, because with this week's schedule it would be so easy for me to drive through a fast food place each night as we're pressed to get out the door and to whatever activity.  But, I'm not going to do it.  We might end up with a hodge-podge of food, but at least we'll have something nutritious and already paid for.

I do have pictures of my various food activities of the past several hours.  However, we bought a new camera on Friday evening and I haven't had time to sit down and load the software and figure out how to download the pictures.  I am incredibly excited that this camera has a special food mode.  I have no idea what that means, other than there must be enough other geeks like me that like taking pictures of their food!  I'm hoping that I can read the manual during volleyball practice and get it all set up tonight so I can get pics up.

I'm off to do lunch dishes now and prepare snack and start baking biscuits for dinner tonight.  I'm hoping that daycare baby decides that this is a lovely day to sleep more than an hour for her afternoon nap!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...