Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Falling off the Wagon (Menu Plan too)

I committed the cardinal sin of budget grocery shopping last week.  I went to the store without a meal plan or a list (smacking myself on the head!).  I spent $150 and several times last week realized that I didn't have a key ingredient for whatever I was trying to make and went out and spent more money.

Of course, this past weekend was the official I'm out of everything Sam's run and we spent $158 there, plus another $100 at the store, because I didn't spend money last week on things we needed either.  That brings me to today (August 10th) where of my $500 budget, I now have $92 for the rest of the month.  Hmmm!  It is very unlikely that I'll be able to pull that off, especially with no chicken and I'm spending around $150 on Sunday to pick up another 50 pounds of beef.  Oh, and I've been having 14 kids at my house everyday drinking a gallon and a half of milk, so I need to buy more of that too.  Yeah, I fell off the wagon and it doesn't look like I'm going to be getting up.

I did at least do a menu plan for this week, so here it is.

Breakfasts
Waffles, Oranges
Banana Muffins, Banana
Granola & Yogurt
Chocolate Chip Muffins, Apple Slices
Sausage Breakfast Pizza

Lunches
Mac 'n Cheese, Salad, Plums, Deviled Eggs
Scrambled Eggs w/ Sausage, Hash Browns, Toast, Mango
Chicken w/ Gravy, Mashed Potatoes, Roll, Pineapple
Fettucine Alfredo w/ Peas, Corn, Grapes, Peanut Butter and Carrots
Egg Salad or PB&J in a Pita Pocket, Oranges, Fruit Leather, Granola Bar (picnic lunch)

Snacks
Cookie Sticks (will post recipe soon)
Apple Slices
Nuts & Raisins
Cantaloupe

Dinners
Meatball Subs, Pasta Salad, Blueberries
Ham Casserole, Broccoli, Salad
Thanksgiving Casserole, Green Beans
Chef Salad, Leftover Fruit
Pork Sirloin, Baked Potato, Corn

The daycare is closed on Friday and we are taking a picnic lunch on the road with us as we head to Grandma's.  The pork dinner is for Sunday evening when we get home.

2 comments:

  1. You are inspiring me with your commitment to meal planning. My oldest sat down and started helping me by writing down some of her favorites for lunches today. I was proud that she started with "apples" and asked me how to spell "little oranges" too! Not that we always eat that ideally. But not bad for a kid!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...