Friday, August 19, 2011

School Lunch links

Since I've been reading nearly every blog known to man regarding packing school lunches, I thought I'd pass along a few links. :)

I'm a huge fan of 100 Days of Real Food.  Here are a few posts that relate to school lunches.
21 Ways to Plan Ahead for School Lunches
10 Ways to Switch Up Your Kid's Lunch
Real Food School Lunches
Real Food School Lunches II
Real Food School Lunches III

Family Fun has some themed foods that seem fun.  Typically I'm not that organized, but I can aspire to be such.

School Lunch Ideas has some informative articles.  I don't subscribe to all their ideas regarding nutrition.  For example, I don't do the low fat dairy or feel like carbs need to be the center of the meal.  But, like any site, take what is good and leave the rest.

About.com has several articles on "brown bag lunches."  Some of the recipes, my kids wouldn't touch with a 10-foot pole and they aren't picky kids, but they are unique and could get you out of the "same 'ole, same 'ole" rut.  At the bottom of their articles are links to related articles.

Tomorrow we will be trekking across the state for my nephew's birthday party.  During my 5 hours in the car, I hope to compile a long list of items besides leftovers that can be used for lunches.  And, I still need to make those cereal bars.  Hmmm, the work never ends! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...