Friday, August 19, 2011

You Have GOT to Be Kidding Me!

Are you a person who buys the "not from concentrate" orange juice expecting to get a healthier "fresh squeezed" product?  I am... well, was.  It appears that fresh squeezed orange juice is far from fresh and is loaded with flavorings and chemicals.  This article, featured on Health Impact Daily News uncovers the truth about OJ (and other 100% juices).

It just goes to show that unless you can see your food being produced, you cannot trust that it really is what it says it is.  We don't drink much juice.  I buy a bottle a week for the daycare kids.  My kids will usually drink the leftovers though.

I think I'll be making my own juice if I get a hankering for it.  I wonder how many oranges it would take to make half a gallon of juice.  I'm off to Google that one!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...