Wednesday, August 17, 2011

The First Day of School

It's been long awaited by me, but dreaded by my kids-today is the first day of school.  Excitedly no one left in a fit of tears this morning.  Actually they were pretty chipper.


I stuck with the plan for lunches for the most part.  I went to the store last night for something unrelated, but picked up a box of strawberries as a special "first day of school" treat.  Here's their lunch.


On the menu today is lettuce salad with shredded cheddar chese, grape tomatoes, and homemade ranch dressing.  Then there's strawberries and a small container of chocolate chip cheese ball with a few chocolate Bunny Grahams and then spaghetti as the main dish (to be put in a Thermos).  A water bottle is ready to go with ice water.  There you have it.  Lunch on day one.

Please note that I will not be this prepared all the time.  I actually stayed up until 11:30 last night to finish lunches so I wouldn't run late this morning.  That doesn't usually happen! :)

Oh, I also did a breakdown of the cost for the portions each lunch had.
Strawberries = $.26
Lettuce = $.21
Cheese = $.03
Tomatoes from the garden = free
Ranch = $.04
Bunny Grahams = $.14
Cheese Ball = $.10
Spaghetti (meat, sauce, noodles) = $.31

Total = $1.09

1 comment:

  1. Looks great, good job! :) I wish I had those kind of lunches as a kid!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...