Friday, May 6, 2011

Granola Bar fun

I made granola bars this morning for the kiddos.  There were only 5 kids eating this morning, so, as you can see, I ended up with several leftover.

I could've left them out on the counter and when the girls and Hubby got home in the afternoon, they would've scarfed them up, but that would go against my new rules for daily portion sizes.  Instead I individually wrapped the bars.


I bagged them up in a freezer ziploc bag...


And tossed them in the freezer.





They will be ready for those "gotta leave in a hurry" mornings.













Now, the only one question remains
Is that a 5 o'clock shadow or did I put a few too many chocolate chips in the granola bars?"

Daycare baby loves her granola bars!


3 comments:

  1. Yummy! I love the idea of wrapping them individually! I definitely will need to try this soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I tried making your granola bar recipie today and when I went to cut it into bars it just crumbled. :( I'm not gonna waste it, I think we'll just use it as granola but do you have any clue what could have went wrong? The only thing I did diffrent was used canola oil instead of cocunut oil(cause I didnt have any) and I was out of butter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jill: I've used canola before and haven't had a problem. I'm not sure. The only other thing I would suggest is to really make sure you push them down to get them even and stuck together before baking and maybe let them cool a bit more before cutting. This last batch (above) I thought was not wanting to stay together as much as usual, but I decided it was because I didn't measure the chocolate chips, I just threw them in. Maybe I got too many? Good luck.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...